Symantec Software and Information
Confidence in a connected world.
Secure your email with our powerful advanced threat protection and anti-spam solution for on-premises messaging environments
Symantec’s on-premises email security solution begins with Messaging Gateway which provides essential inbound and outbound messaging security including, powerful protection against the latest messaging threats including ransomware, spear phishing, and business email compromise, It catches more than 99 percent of spam with a less than 1 in 1 million false positives, and effectively responds to new messaging threats with real-time automatic antispam and antimalware updates.
Email security software
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange brings Symantec’s malware prevention technology directly to your on-premises infrastructure. With real-time email protection against malware, phishing, and targeted attacks, organizations will also benefit from the Brightmail™ technology blocking 99% of spam with less than one in one million false positives. Supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010 and 2013 in almost any scenario including Hosting-mode, on Microsoft Hyper-V®, or VMware® virtualization platforms, Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange complements other layers of protection by preventing the spread of malware and spam attacks, and enforcing data loss prevention policies.
- Support for the latest operating system Effectively protects your Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1
- IPS & AV layered protection for Mac Provides unrivaled security with a single, high-powered agent that integrates both IPS and antivirus for Mac users
- Fast Path feature Allows you to identify critical events almost in real-time to create the fastest, most effective solution available
- Seamless console experience Eliminates confusion between Mac and Windows
- Enables true end-to-end email encryption using standards-based OpenPGP and S/MIME message formats.
- Provides secure email solutions with automatic encryption and decryption of sensitive email without changing the user experience.
- Operates as a proxy to increase performance while removing the need for application- and version-specific plug-ins. Works with standard email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Lotus Notes and more.
- Integrates with Symantec Encryption Management Server to allow centrally created email protection policies to be distributed and managed.
- Users can easily share encrypted files and folders with other authorized users, improving data security without impacting productivity.
- Once encrypted, files and folders retain their encrypted status, regardless of movement, including cloud environments.
- Simple drag and drop, file-folder interface.
- Software is installed on the client, not the file server.